Thursday, August 2, 2012

Tame My Mane

It never fails, come late summer I'm always itching to do something different to my hair. This summer is proving to be no different as I'm starting to get that restless feeling with my locks again.

I've been growing my hair out since I trimmed it to just below my shoulders this time last year. I want to keep it long. My goal is for it to be past my waist, but there are days when I am so tempted to chop it all off. To make matters worse, I have CRAZY baby bangs from pregnancy. About three months postpartum after Johnny, my hair started falling out at an alarming rate (just another lovely side-effect of pregnancy hormones) and now I'm left with it all growing back in and it looks crazy around my face. I mean - just look for yourself...


These baby-bangs are making my signature mom-bun look wild - and not in a sexy, disheveled, messy-chic way. I've done the bang thing in the last couple of years and they are just now to the point where they have grown out, so I'm not too interested in doing that again, but I'm not ruling it out completely. I think if I just spruce things up with a shapely cut and do something tres chic with the color like going ombre on the tips,  I'll feel better.

Here's an inspiration board I started (I know I'm a nerd, but it helps). I think any of these would work for long hair... now I just have to narrow it down before my next hair-appointment.


Which look do you like?



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment