Thursday, August 16, 2012

Glued to the Couch

My sweet Jojo is beyond sick tonight. Poor girl has some stomach bug and she's been miserable since yesterday. All she wants is to lay on the couch, drink lemon water, watch Peppa Pig and have me sit right next to her. I'm not allowed to move, but just look at this sick baby... I'm happy to sit by her if it makes her feel even the tiniest bit better...
So - while I'm glued to the couch, I've been scouring the internet to pass the time. I've spent entirely way too much money on Etsy and on Amazon, but I've also come across some other gems...

#1. Adore this look for fall.

#2. This looks like a great weekend DIY project. All I'll need is some round cork-board and some sale fabric. I also think this idea would be cute with an embroidery ring and then pinning knick-knacks to them with safety pins.

#3. I have to have this "PACKED WITH LOVE" packing tape.That's all.

#4. I love the simple elegance of this gift-bag and I already have everything I need to put them together for the baby shower I'm hosting next month. Perfect.

#5. I'm not a baker. I can cook, but my baking skills leave much to be desired. However, I still want to take a stab at baking this ombre cake. Practice makes perfect and I still have a few weeks to give it a go before the baby shower. If all else fails, I'll enlist my mom to help out.

#6. How cute are these?? They are cards you hand out to your baby shower guests to have them write down their "wishes for baby". Etsy- you kill me.

#7. I love me a chunky cable-knit sweater, so you turn one into a giant blanket and that's pretty much a dream come true for me.

#8. I've recently become extremely lactose- intolerant. I've had to pretty much cut dairy completely out of my diet or I end up spending the whole day nauseated. Luckily, I don't miss dairy that much and I have found some great alternatives - like this recipe for 'strawberry ice cream' - AKA blended frozen strawberries, coconut milk, vanilla and bananas.

Alright, I'm off to put my sick mini in bed. Please send healthy vibes her way! Nighty night.

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment