Thursday, August 23, 2012

Garden of Curtis

I planted my very first garden this past spring and we have been enjoying the bounty all summer long. I haven't had as much time to devote to it as I would like, but it has been oh-so-rewarding to see my baby plants grow and bloom - I feel like a proud plant-mama!

My cherry tomatoes have been so plentiful and I've had so many jalapenos and yellow peppers that I've had to tell my neighbors to help themselves because I can't use them fast enough. I also planted strawberries, green belle peppers, sweet potatoes, personal-sized watermelons and about 20 different herbs. Unfortunately, in the extreme heat we've had this summer, my herbs didn't fare so well, but tonight I went out and noticed little tiny belle peppers and watermelons starting to grow and I gushed with excitement...

What do you like to make with yellow peppers?
Baby Belle Pepper! Is it weird I think it's extremely adorable?
Watermelons!! EEEKK!!
Jalapenos galore!
I love having cherry tomatoes on hand anytime I want them!

If I can maintain a bountiful garden, you can too!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment