Tuesday, September 25, 2012

7 Glorious Inches

I'm sorry, did my tittle offend you? I have a sick sense of humor, what can I say. And hey, if you were thinking it, then your mind is right in the gutter with mine. The seven inches I'm referring to is the amount of hair I chopped off my head over the weekend...

Last week I realized that I was holding on to my long locks simply because of how long it took for me to grow it out, but I really didn't like it. It was starting to weigh me down. Pre-kids my hair was straight and silky and now post-kids the texture has changed and I have these icky waves in the back - my hair just wasn't how I had envisioned it to look once I had grown it really long.

So, last week I called Ms. Jordan up and said if she had an appointment cancel and something opened up, that it would be my sign that I was suppose to choppity chop. The next day she called and my fate was sealed.

At first I thought I would just take a couple of inches off, but after contemplating it for a couple of days, I decided to just go for it. I didn't tell anyone how short I was really planning to go, so it was a shock for my hubby and friends when I came home from the salon.

Here's the look I was going for:

I have been obsessed with Olivia Palermo's shorter hair for months...
Before
 
What 7 inches of chopped hair looks like.
 Anddddddddd
After
No more messy mom-bun for me!

 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment