Thursday, July 26, 2012

Johnny Days of Summer

Working from home isn't always peaches. Don't get me wrong, I feel beyond super lucky to be able to be at home with my babes and still have an awesome career that I love, but Joleen and Johnny don't always get that mommy can't be on a conference call and play hide-and-seek at the same time.

Being a work-from-home mama definitely has its challenges, but about a year ago, we put Joleen in school two days a week, and that has been a lifesaver! Not only do these days give me a little slice of mellow time to knock some work out, but on days when work is on the slower side, I get to spend some one-on-one quality time with my mini Johnny Cat.

Today just happened to be a Jojo school day and a work day where I was magically able to accomplish everything I needed to do while Johnny took his morning nap. Thank the sweet Lord for naps.
 

Johnny has the sweetest little spirit. He wakes up from all his naps this happy.

Off we go! Errands are much easier with one kid vs. two.

At TJ MaXX, hunting for treasures for Joleen's upcoming birthday party. This mini stud gets so much attention from the ladies. Even grannies can't resist those baby guns.
My shopping buddy.

This little boy can only handle so much shopping before all he wants is to go home and play.

On a very unrelated topic...

Survey - Should a mom of two [me] wear high-waisted short shorts? Is it appropriate? I had these on for about two minutes, [I can't believe I'm about to post the following embarrassing photo] but ultimately changed before leaving the house. Should they go in my donation pile?
Notice the tent? Joleen has set up camp in our mater-bedroom. The girl refuses to sleep in her room due to "scary ghosts".

I'm off to snuggle and *smooch* on my hubby while we watch Project Runway. Buenas noches.


 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment