Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hello. W E L C O M E.

My first post. I must admit this feels a bit daunting. Where to start? I guess I'll start by quickly expanding on the basics...

My name is Stevee. Yes, I was named after Stevie Nicks, and yes, everyone asks me that. It's ok. She's rad and I'm proud to share her name. My dad use to be a big hippie and for some reason my mom allowed him to pick my name and it was either Jet, or Stevee, so I'm super thrilled he went with Stevee; although, Jet would have been cool during my college hippie days. 

My college days aren't too far behind me... I'm 26. I'm a 26 year-old wife and mother of two (three if you count our furry beast). I know, crazy, right? I got married when I was 21 and had my first baby, Joleen (yes, she was named after the Dolly Parton song), when I was 23. 22 months later, I gave birth to my son, Johnny (yes, he was named after Johnny Cash). At this point you may be thinking, this girl is a typical southern gal who got married young and wants to pop out as many babies as possible. NOPE. It wasn't my dream/goal to marry that young, but when I met my husband, Brendon, it truly was love at first sight [that's a story for another time] and who am I to question fate. Marrying him is the best decision I have ever made. Oh, and my baby-making factory is closed for business. No more popping babies out. So, I'm on the younger side of being a wife, mother, and dealing with the craziness that is this life. 

We live in Nashville,TN. My hubby is in the advertising world, and I'm in the social media and freelancing world. Luckily, my job allows me to work-from-home with the kids. That isn't always easy, but I feel super lucky to be home with my babies and still have a career.

So, why am I starting this blog? I'm starting it for myself. I have no idea if anyone else will every read/follow it, but that doesn't really matter to me. I need a passion outside of work and home. I'm not exactly sure where I want to take things here, but I'm excited to see where it goes and I hope to reach and become friends with all the other cyber-mommy-friends out there!

* Meet my little f a m i l y... 


 ... and then there's me. This picture is my life in a N u T s H e L l...



Here goes nothing...

 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment